Sunday, July 21, 2013

Making Appointments to See the Counselor

Something my principal wanted to start this year is requiring students to schedule appointments to see the counselor. I don't know how things are usually around the office, but I'm told students like to hang out! So to help combat students hangout around without a purpose, I created a Google Form for my students to fill out if they wish to see me (I'd like to clarify that I probably won't be SUPER strict about this... If I can get any of my students to use it, that's a win for me!).

The best part about creating this form is that my school is 1:1. So every single one of my students has a laptop. I'm hoping to share this form at freshmen orientation before school begins, and from there I will send it to teachers and student's emails. Planning on mentioning it during advisory too.

I love Google Forms because each time a response is submitted, Google Forms generates all the answers in a spreadsheet for me!

What do you think? Do any of you require your students to make appointments?

1 comment: